Scratchpad ()

USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT ALL CITIES, VILLAGES AND RESORTS IN BULGARIA

Country:

BULGARIA GERMANY GREECE

Town/Village:

INFO PACK
Useful information about urban and rural regions. Municipalities, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, local police departments, supermarkets, service providers and etc.

Slanchevo village

See it on the map Bulgarian properties in Varna Region - Slanchevo

Slanchevo is a village in North-Eastern Bulgaria, part of Aksakovo municipality, Varna region. It is located 17 km to the west from the city of Varna and 10 km away from the municipal center Aksakovo.
The relief is flat-hilly. The climate is temperate-continental, influenced by the proximity to the Black Sea. The summer is cool, the autumn is warm, the winter - mild with scanty snowfalls and the spring is sunny. The population numbers to 907 people, but the number of people constantly residing in the village is about 1200. Altitude - 100 m.

history 

The former name of the village used to be Gyun Yalasa which means "a sunny place" in Turkish. According to the local historians the village was established by Muslim settlers some three centuries ago, but historical evidence for this fact is not yet revealed. A prehistoric settlement has been discovered during excavation works on the slope near the village. It was set there because of the southern exposure and due to its location which does not allow it to be flooded. It has been proved that during one of its marches a knight's squad of the Polish king Vladislav the Third Varnenchik had set a camp near the village.

infrastructure

In the village there are 4 food shops, a community center, a mayoralty, a post-office, a doctor's office, a cafe, an Orthodox church, a monument dedicated to all heroes perished in wars. The secondary school in the village was established in 1882. Nowadays the younger pupils are attending a school in Ignatievo village, as the municipality has arranged a free transportation for them. Part of the senior pupils are attending various schools in the city of Varna as most of them are commuting on a daily basis.
The church in the village has been consecrated in 1899. The wealthy inhabitants of the village, back then, have donated the first icons to the church. Eight years ago it has undergone an overhaul.
Since the population of Slanchevo has almost doubled during the past few years and the number of young people and children has increased, too the mayor and the locals are making arrangements for the construction of a educational and entertainment center for the youngsters.
The village is supplied with electricity and water on a regular basis. Central piping is installed and there are over 50 wells available. The roads are in a very good condition. The inhabitants of the village may take advantage on all kinds of modern communications: telephone, satellite TV, internet. Coverage of all mobile operators is available, as well. Regular bus-lines Nos. 43 and 43A connect the village to the city of Varna and the town of Aksakovo.


economics and development


The favourable climate and the natural resources in the area provide wonderful conditions for the development of the agriculture - vine-growing and vegetable making. In the village and its surroundings there are many private enterprises - a pig breeding farm, a poultry farm, a concrete production base and two carpenter's workshops. The people in the village have no problem with the employment and are enjoying a good standard of living. The area offers excellent investment opportunities due to the proximity of Slanchevo to the city of Varna, a highway, an airport and a port. A decade ago many Varna residents have purchased plots of land in the village and built many brand new, modern houses there. Currently, no properties are being sold in the village and the price of the houses built remains stable.

landmarks

Pobiti Kamani natural landmark lies in the territory of Slanchevo, near the old Varna-Sofia road some 18 km away from the city of Varna. The phenomenon is also known as "The Petrified Forest" and is formed by upright columns at a height of 7 m, spread over a territory of 246 hectars. The cone and cylinder shaped figures form the total of 14 groups located in the western part of Varna lowland. It is considered that the phenomenon has been formed some 50 million years ago and the area it was formed in used to be a bottom of a sea. According to recent speculations the rock formations have formed near gaseous springs. The landmark is announced a protected area in 1937, not just because of the unique outlook of the formations , but also because of the rare flora and fauna in the area - endangered species on a world scale. The work time table is, as follows: from 9 am to 7 pm in the summer and from 10 am to 5 pm in the winter. The cost of the ticket is 3 BGN (approximately 1.50 euro).

 

Sources: http://bg.wikipedia.org; http://www.narodnodelo.bg; http://www.trivago.bg
Pictures: Mirela

Submit your information for the area here:



+ add files