Rusokastro village is located in the municipality of Kameno, Burgas region.
The village is situated near the valley of Rusokastrenska River, about 16 km from dam Mandra.
The population is around 1250 people.
Rusokastro has a well developed infrastructure. There are primary school, kindergarten, church, football team, general practitioner, convenient transportation to Burgas. The city of Kameno has railway station which provides transport links with the whole country.
The village is famous for its immediate proximity to the fortress Rusokastron, which is located about 3 km north-west of Rusokastro. From the hit during excavation, it is believed that it is very likely that the fortress was built on an ancient Thracian sanctuary, which dates back prior to the second millennium BC
The name of the fortress is mentioned in many chronicles as a place of many historical battles between Bulgarian and Byzantine rulers of their opponents. The most important battle fought here is the one between the Bulgarian Tsar Ivan Alexander and the Byzantine Emperor Andronicus II.
Another place you can visit is the site Rusin stone, where is restored the church of St. George the Victorious.
In the village there are two monuments in honor of the fallen in and Balkan and Patriotic Wars.
Sources: bulgariainside.com, bg.wikipedia.org, kameno.bg
Photos: bg.guide-bulgaria.com, and Internet