Rasovo is a village in Northwestern Bulgaria. It is situated in Medkovets municipality, Montana District.
There are about 10 km northeast to Medkovets village, about 16 km south to Lom, approximately 35 km north to Montana and about 145 km to Sofia in the same direction.
The terrain is flat and the altitude of the village reaches 133 m. Climate is temperate continental with cold winters and hot summers.
Rasovo is a big and well developed village with 1200 people population, a town hall, a post office, a church, a kindergarten, an elementary school, a library, a few grocery stores, cafes and a stadium. The village has its own football club.
Infrastructure is settled with built power, water and sewage systems, paved streets, street lighting and mobile coverage.
Transport links are excellent - bus lines connect Rasovo with the cities of Lom, Montana, Vratsa and Sofia and the surrounding villages.
Health of the population is taken over by one general practitioner and a dentist. Special assistance can be obtained in the neighbouring city Lom and the district center.
The feast of Rasovo is being celebrated on 6th of May.
The village has a monastery of "Holy Trinity", about whose foundation there is no information. It is known that within its boundaries existed an old church, that in the middle of the XIX century was very dilapidated. Then upon the request of the villagers, a decree from the Ottoman Sultan was released in 1858. It allowed the construction of a new church, which is preserved in nowadays.
A few meters away from the confines of Rasovo is the dam lake of the village, which is one of the most beautiful ones in the area. It is a good place for fishing and outdoor recreation. Nearby there is a fishing village.
In the neighboring village Medkovets are:
The church of "Sveta Paraskeva", which is a national monument. It kept several valuable free-standing icons and church plates and incunabula from the middle and second half of the XIX century. Woodcarving of the gates is done by artists from the famous Debar School.
The house of Ivan Kulin which has been restored and preserved as museum.