See it on the map
Bulgarian properties in Sofia Region - Popovyane
Popovyane is a village in Western Bulgaria. It is located in Samokov municipality, Sofia District.
It is 22 km northwest of the town of Samokov, 41 km south of Sofia and 31 km northwest of the resort Borovets.
The population numbers about 300 people.
Situated at the foot of the mountain Plan and the east end of Samokov Plain, at an altitude of 970 meters is close to Mount Vitosha, Rila and Verila to which a magnificent view of the higher parts of the village.
The climate is temperate continental. On it affects the proximity of the mountains. They stop the violent winds and snowdrifts. Typically there are cool summers and long winters. The average January temperature for the area around -2,6 ºC and in July - about 18,5 ºC.
The area is very rich in water.
Large Stocks of thermal waters. In Belchinski Baths there is mineral spring temperature of which is 41 º C with proven curative and preventive effects.
Alino dam is located in close proximity, only 35 km to the northeast is the Iskar dam.
The village is well laid out with maintained infrastructure. There are library and town hall. Educational and health facilities have in Samokov, a doctor - in Belchin, 15 km away.
- Horse race, which offers visitors riding in nature and individual riding lessons.
- Near the village (about 6-7 km to the northeast) in Plana mountain is Alinski Monastery St. Spas with interesting wall paintings of 17 th century. Near the monastery is the Lily of the valley rock. From it constantly fall drops healing water.
- Nearby are the ruins of medieval fortress Alinsko Kale. The remains of the fortress wall in places reaches a height of 2.5 meters. In the past, the walls are fenced yard about 3 acres. The fortress was studied by archaeologists.
- Immediately above the village in a beautiful pine forest is located Alino dam which is popular with fishermen in the region.
- 5 km from Alino is healing spa resort Belchinski Baths. Mineral water has a very high temperature and is used to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, nervous system and others.
- Not far from the village begins the territory of Rila National Park. It is the largest in Bulgaria and one of the largest in Europe. It was created in order to conserve forest, subalpine ecosystems, forming a unique natural complex. The area of the reserve is 12 393.7 ha and covers a considerable area around the village of Beli Iskar and Musala. It is a favorite spot for tourists, nature lovers and naturalists. Huts in the Park and maintained network of hiking trails create conditions for the practice of hiking.