Osikovitsa is a village in Western Bulgaria. It is located in Pravetz municipality, Sofia region.
It is 15 km northeast of the town of Pravec, 65 km northwest of Sofia, 22 km in the same direction from the town of Botevgrad. It can be reached by Hemus highway, which is located 2 km away.
The population is about 650 inhabitants.
The village situated at the foot of Pre Balkans, 460 meters above sea level.
The climate throughout Botevgrad Valley, often crude - a long winter, short spring - cool and windy, and hot and dry summer.
Here is located Osikovitsa dam offering fishing conditions.
The village is electrified, with maintained infrastructure. There are electricity, water supply and communication networks. Missing sewerage network.
Function elementary school, community center, kindergarten, dental practice.
Regular bus service to settlements in the area. Nearby passes Hemus highway.
Church of St. Michael is a cultural value status architectural and artistic monument. Built for 54 days from the locals in 1834. Valuable is the iconostasis, carving, made by Samokov master Hristo. The icons are from the first half of the nineteenth century In 1870 the brothers Naum and Nencho Chibukovi village of Selce (Western Macedonia) gild iconostasis and icons appear apostolic. Church is a place for storage of valuable old books in the recent past, some of which until recently its possession.
Monastery of the Virgin Mary is located at the foot of Mount Ostrom, in the Monastery Meadows area. Built during the Second Bulgarian Kingdom, destructed during the Ottoman invasion and continued to operate until the end of the eighteenth century, destroyed during the riots kurdzhalii in the late eighteenth century. Until now reserved only remnants of the walls of the church and traces of the massive building. There is evidence for the presence of other buildings belonging to the complex, but traces of them remained.