Village of Musina is located in Pavlikeni Municipality, Veliko Tarnovo region.
The number of the villagers is extremely decreased in recent years and now has about 250 people, mostly adults.
The most interesting thing about the village of Musina is a cave and karst spring next to it in the same name. The spring is called "Musinski izovor" and forms the river Peshterata, which is a feeder to Negovanka river.
In ancient times, spring waters have been evacuated to a special plumbing to the ancient city of Nicopolis ad Istrum, near the village Nikyup.
The first monastery school in the region was eshablished there in 1790. In 1838 was built the old church of St. Paraskeva. Recently in the village church is composed of trustees, to begin restoring the church of St. Paraskeva.
In the village there are two monuments - one of Pop Hariton and the other perished in the April uprising and wars.
In 2006 with the assistance of the European Union built GeoComplex "Ponor". It represents two linked by underground tunnel pits 20 meters deep, located 50 meters from the main road Veliko Tarnovo - Pavlikeni, where the metal stairs to descend to the bottom. To the very abysses and pavilion was built for recreation, revealing an unbelievable view.
The main industries are agriculture and grain production such as barley, wheat and corn. The territory is predominantly oak forests. Just to Musinskiya karst spring trout farm is built, which operates at the moment.
The village has a small holiday complex that offers accommodation for guests of the village. Tourists can enjoy the attractions offered by the resort - fishing, archery, badminton and cycling. The complex has a swimming pool, barbecue, bar, parking and more.
The village is located near Highway E-772 (Sofia-Varna), making it convenient and yet quiet and peaceful place.
Text and photos: Mirela