Gurgulyat is a village in West Bulgaria. It is situated in Slivnitsa municipality, Sofia region.
Located in a mountainous area in the foothills of Viskyar mountain and elevation reaches 812 m climate is temperate and is characterized by hot summers and severe winters.
The permanent population numbers 29 people.
Bus connects the village with a community center. Electricity and water supply that is
The village has a hotel "Alexievata house" with restaurant, which offers excellent conditions for tourism, hiking and recreation.
The nearest schools are in town Slivnitsa, where he and a medical center.
20 years in November podofitsersko company "Gurgulyat - descendants" held a national hiking-worship "The lane-bazsmartieto Slivnitsa 1885." The purpose of the march participants was to go in the footsteps of heroes, defended the dignity Unification of the Principality of Bulgaria with Eastern Rumelia on September 6, 1885.
In 2010 in the village center was found fountain. Built a new church "St. Iliya" in the place of the antiquity church of which remained only two domes.
The little river that runs nearby made beautiful gorge with sheer cliffs and a length of about 60 m, there rises Mount Petlyuchki stone in here was Petlyuka fortress, which is with partially preserved walls.
In southern peak Petljuka cave, which has a passable gallery.
Above the village, in Tsarkovishte has built an impressive monument, the Pantheon in memory of the fallen in the battle for Gurgulyat. The pantheon is made of red concrete measuring approximately 700 square meters and a height of 20 meters. In its center is a statue of a woman symbolizing Mother Bulgaria, grieving for her lost children.