Granitsa is a village in West Bulgaria. It is part of Municipality Kyustendil, District of Kyustendil.
It stands about 6 km south-east of the town of Kyustendil.
The population is about 600 residents.
The relief is flat and hilly, with average altitude 580 m.
The climate in the region is continental, characterized with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
Granitsa is with well-developed infrastructure, including partly asphalted and lighted streets, electric and water-supply systems, telephones, coverage of mobile operators, cable TV and Internet.
European route E871 passes 6 km away from the village, linking it to Kyustendil, the border town of Gyueshevo and the capital of Sofia.
There are regular buses to and from the town of Kyustendil.
There is a town house and a functioning community center.
There is health service in the settlement with full-time GP. There is a network of shops and restaurants.
The closest hospitals and schools are in Kyustendil.
The "Vinprom - Kyustendil" winery is a manufacturer of high quality spirits and brandies.The village of Granitsa is known for its tradition in winemaking as the most popular grape varieties in this area are "Pamid" and "Cabernet."
In the area there also are orchards of apples, pears, plums and cherries.
St.Ilia church was built in 1886-1857 and is in the center of the village. Architecture-wise it is one of the most beautiful temples not only in the District of Kyustendil, but inWest Bulgaria. It is with a distinguishing architecture, similar to the one of The Rila Monastery.
Above the village is the St. Luka Monastery, known for its unique nature and clean air, founded VIII-IX century by Ivan Rilski, and is currently a tourist destinayion.
Carnival of Forrest is organized by the Municipality Kyustendil in the village of Granitsa.
Micro-dams of Bersin and Bagrentsi are about 3 km away , and are excellent for fishing and camping.
The short distance to Kyustendil makes possible visiting the spas and Roman baths in the center of town.
Hisarlaka hill is about 2 km south-east of the town. The fortress was built at the end of IV and the begging of V century.