See it on the map
Bulgarian properties in Sofia Region - Gabra
Gabra is a village municipality of Elin Pelin, District Sofia.
It is 20 km suth of the town of Elin Pelin, 40 km southeast of the capital Sofia, , 43 km north of the resort Borovets, 123 km northwest of Plovdiv.
The population is around 1100 people.
Gabra village is located in a mountainous area. Situated in a small triangular valley,890 m altitude, closed between Lozen Mountain to the north and the western spurs of Ihtiman Average forest in the south, west and east.
The village is well laid out and with maintained infrastructure. There are water supply, electricity and communication networks, no sewerage. Here function Primary School, community center, kindergarten, medical and dental practices.
Regular bus service connects the village with the municipal center. Nearby is the Trakiya Highway.
Tourism and landmarks
Еxtremely beautiful and picturesque village, perfect for relaxation. Fresh air, green pines and maintained dams attract many people wishing to purchase property.
Interesting to visit are:
- Gabrenski monastery of St. Demetrius - only 2 km southeast of the village of Gabra isthe St. Demetrius and St. Mitar "as locals call it. Today is reserved to the monasterychurch and the foundations of cookhouse, recently demolished.
- 6 km from the dam Bozalan (Bakardere), where you can fish.
- Church of Ascension
- 5km from Iskar dam on forest trails - the biggest dam in Bulgaria on its water volume. He is a favorite destination for fishing. Its proximity to the city attracts many keen fishermen from the town and surrounding area. There is the possibility of accommodation in cottages, tents or caravans. Gradually develop new attractions, which attract not only lovers of fishing. There is an opportunity for short hikes in the area, walk with horses in the field and using a pedal boat, speedboat, motorboat or kayak.
- Bordered by the Iskar hunting reserve - it is one of the best hunting in Bulgaria is situated on 30 000 ha area. The reserve has a museum and trophies, and house hunting. The distance of the transition is 28 km.
- Numerous trails and roads suitable for mountain bikes and motocross
- Nearby is Ihtiman, where they can visit cultural and historical monuments, the Church of the Assumption, the Historical Museum - Ihtiman Trayanovi vrata, and aristocratic sports lovers can visit the Golf Club Air Sofia, where there golf course, pool, tennis court.