It is a typical alpine village (1020 m altitude), located on the southwest part of Dabrashkiya share of the Western Rhodopi Mountain, 26 kilometers from the town of Gotse Delchev. Created by settlers, Run by violent muslimisation in XVI century, it was mentioned in the Turkish records in the 1671 . Because of the the revival architecture preserved to this day through the 70-houses tmonuments, in 1977 the village was announced an Cultural historical reserve The main attractions are the old Church St. Nicola, built in 1834 in the cschool. On the iconostasis of the church are drawn icons of George Filipov, zograf of Debarsko who later moves away and lives in Gabrovo. The most interesting revival as tipical ensembles street are the so called crossing "Kavalite", Nikolovskata fcheshma" and charshiyskata street / the main commercial street. The village is known in the past with well-developed and its goldsmit's trade
Narrow cobblestones streets and its typical old house, built in a Renaissance style are extremely interesting. The houses are built with typical jetty bidding on the second and third floor and internal device resembling to revival houses in other towns of the country. Some ceilings are decorated with wood-carvings.
Dolen is successor of the old Thracian hamlets, which remains today can be seen around the village. Hill were strew Thracian necropolis. There are also Thracian vineyards used until the end of the Bulgarian revival. The village is located on the old Roman-Thracian route connecting Trimontium with Drama.
Proof of that are historic remains of the very way in the eastern edge of the village and a Roman bridge in the area Banyan. In the 1st century AC Romans as military considerations, move along the road and build a new bridge near the village Kribul, thus ensuring the passage of troops through tsouth of Satovcha. So the village remains isolated from the main flow of troops and convoys.
Dolen is a place where during the ages were hiding people persecuted by the law and those who were disagree with the new social systems of each foreign rulers. The terrain is hilly, truncate with numerous rivers and gulches- tributaries of Bistrica. Now there are modern ways, but in a far eras picture was very different - only old Thracian paths and river fords. Trausite had stroyna system to protect the road. For this show at least three observation posts located not on the Roman highway, but the old Thracian roads. The caste, who was called to carry out this activity is named Moltrosi. This is the only structure survived during the Byzantine empire, early and late Middle Ages and even Ottoman rule. Reason to allow this happen is a clear need to guard roads, early warning of coming danger, and pay road tax.