The village is situated on both banks of the river Omurovska, 10 km northwest of Chirpan. It is 45 km away from the city of Stara Zagora and about same distance from Plovdiv. It has a station on the line Plovdiv - Stara Zagora.
The main occupation is agriculture. Also there is a brick factory in the territory of which it is housed corrective labor hosted at Stara Zagora prison.
In ancient times on this place existed a Thracian settlement named Cillae. Through it passed the Roman road from Philipopolis to Beroe and Byzantium. The most important event in modern history of the village is flooding in August 1951 when Omurovska river overflowded its banks.