Tzarevtzi is a village in North-eastern Bulgaria. It is part of Avren municipality, Varna region and is located 45 km away from the city of Varna and 15 km away from the town of Provadiya. The village is situated between the big curve of Provadiyska river and Varna-Sofia rail-road and near the valley of Provadiyska river. Its altitude is 35 m. The population numbers to 1000 people and there are about 120 temporary residents. The territory of the village is 21 000 decars and is one of the largest in Avren municipality. The village carried various names through the years of its existence - Sultanlar, Tzarevo, Sultantzi.
This fertile area has been inhabited for many centuries. Probably the Thracians and the Proto-Bulgarians have been the first to settle there. One of the oldest Roman roads passed through the area. As per the sources in 1445 a sultan was enchanted by these fertile lands and has decided to make his own farm there. The workers settled near the farm and founded the so known Haskoy settlement. Later on it grew to become a village with the same name, located near the old Roman road.
The first modern school was built in 1872 since the old monastic school could no longer gather up the Bulgarian students willing to educate. Currently the old church and the school have been restored and a museum complex was established.
The village benefits from a well-developed and maintained roads and a well-arranged water-supply network. Available in Tzarevtzi are the following: a post-office, two food shops, a tavern, a railway station, a secondary school, a kindergarten and a community center with a library and clubs for folklore singing and chess.
The locals are predominantly engaged into stock breeding and agriculture. An agricultural co-operation has been established in 1919. Its activity has been restored in 1991 and it is currently one of the most successful agricultural co-operations in Varna region.