Village of Brashlyan
See it on the map
Bulgarian properties in Burgas Region - Brashlyan
Brashlyan is a village in the municipality of Malko Tarnovo, Burgas region.
It is located 14 km northwest of Malko Tarnovo, 63 km south of Burgas on about 420 km southeast of Sofia. Turkish border passes only 4 km away.
It is situated in Strandzha mountain, at an altitude of 320 m. The climate is characterized by mild winters, often with positive temperatures, while summer is hot and dry.
The population numbers about 60 people. There is regular bus transport to Malko Tarnovo and Burgas.
Brashlyan has electricity and water supply, the main streets are asphalt-paved. There are a church, a hotel complex and guest houses. Nearest schools are set in Malko Tarnovo, kindergarten in the village Zvezdets / 9 km / h. Hospitals are in the cities of Tsarevo / 70 km / and Burgas.
- The village is an architectural and historical reserve of 1982. It consists of 76 houses which are monuments;
- The church "St. Dimitar" was built in XVII century in place of a Thracian sanctuary, which is considered to have been dedicated to the god Dionysus. As a church building, where the religious school. It was founded in 1871.;
- Ethnographic museum store household items and craft of the inhabitants of the XIX century. and XX century;
- The Balu house is an architectural and historical monument built in XIX century. The plan of the house is typical for Strandzha residential architecture;
- The agricultural museum is dedicated to the traditional agriculture of the Renaissance - there are old farm implements used by Strandzha in the past.
- Near the village there are three chapels - St. Panteleimon / 1 km / St. Petka / 2 km / s St. Marina / at the end of Brashlyan /.
Sources: http://whitepigeon.blog.bg, http://www.strandja.bg
Photos: http://www.strandja.bg, internet