Bov is a village in western Bulgaria. It is located in the municipality of Svoge, Sofia district.
Situated 15 km north of Svoge, about 53 km in the same direction from Sofia.
The population numbers about 116 people.
Bov Village is located in a mountainous area in cases Murgash, Western Stara Planina. Located between the peaks Garvan, Yavorets and Kolibishta, at the western foot of peak Izdrimets (1493 m).
The village is electrified, built with partial water supply and electricity networks. There is coverage of all mobile operators, automatic telephone exchange.
In the settlement function Primary School St. Cyril and St. Methodius, kindergarten, community center Hristo Kotsev.
GP is in the nearby village of Gara Bov and hospitals - in the municipality center - the town of Svoge. Regular bus service connects it to the municipality and also Gara Bov is part of the railway Sofia - Varna.
Orthodox Monastery of the Seven Thrones (Virgin Mary) is located in the beautiful valley of the relatively small Gabrovnitsa River, the road from the train station Eliseina in the Iskar Gorge. It is part of the 100 tourist sites of Bulgaria. Accessible for vehicles on a narrow asphalt road from the station Eliseina in the Iskar Gorge. Every evening bus goes to the monastery, which makes conection with one of the incoming trains. Among its attractions is the grave of the famous Bulgarian children's writer Zmey Goryanin (1905-1958). In the yard behind the church.
Waterfall Skaklya is the eponymous river running through the eastern mountains Ponor, near Gara Bov. This is one of the highest waterfall in Bulgaria. Descend to 130 feet and impresses with its three cascading surge, the highest of which is lowered from 80 feet. Skaklya height is fourth in the country and was declared a landmark in 1978 in the winter wild crystal waters of the waterfall and freeze Skaklya becoming one of the most popular places for ice climbing in the country.
Vazov Eco path - named after the writer Ivan Vazov, who created some of his work here. It was partially reconstructed and the this area officially opened on April 29, 2007. Today it is a tourist destination with growing popularity.