Bistritsa is a village in the foothills of Vitosha mountain, situated 10 km south of downtown Sofia. Administratively belongs to the Pancharevo area of Sofia, Sofia-city district.
To Bistrica belong to nine villa zones / Bistrica, Bistrica - extension, Monastery, Kosanin dol, Gerena, Malinova dolina - Part II B - extension, Malinova dolina - Part II B - Dupkite, Shumako,Kalfin dol.
The settlement borders the ring road, Simeonovo, village Zheleznitsa, Pancharevo, Bistrishko Nature Park reserve.
The population is about 4100 people.
Clean mountain air, beautiful scenery, convenient transport, communications and close location to the capital make the village an extremely attractive place for living and recreation.
The area is designated as luxury residential area, designed for low-rise building in a natural environment.
Infrastructure is well maintained - there are water supply, elektropresna, communications networks, and partly - sewage.
In the village of Bistrica, because there were more holiday zones and because most of them live year round, there are more shops for food and industrial goods, cafes, pastry shops and more.
There are sports complex, which is very well maintained land and facilities. On his competition was held by local and regional level.
Operate 192 school "Hristo Botev" kindergarten № 15 "Cricket" Crèche, Community Center St. Tsar Boris I ".
Beautiful scenery of the village of Bistrica and mountainous nature of the village predetermine as tourist destination.
Here pass two rivers - Yanchovska and Old, which merge near the center and form a river Gabeshnitsa.
Nearby is Pancharevo lake - a favorite spot for picnics of citizens of Sofia.
There are many treks that start from the village of Bistrica and go inside the Vitosha Mountain, or cross to the village Zheleznitsa, Plana and Pasarel.
Bistritsa Monastery of St. George was the chief monastery of Little Mount Athos. His shrine is today's church of St. George in Bistritsa. After the conquest of Sofia by the Turks the monastery was destroyed in 1382. Long time his place was consecrated ground, where St. George's people are gathered. In XV century there was built a small church, dug into the ground. By the monastery was ruined castle in the area Kalugerovi livadi.
Monastery of Saint Petka is situated in the area Kalugerovo meadows of Vitosha Mountain in the northwestern corner of Bistrica. Founded in the tenth century near the old fortress. The monastery church was built in Byzantine times on the fortress church.In XIV century it was destroyed by the Turks and the land built a small Cherkvitsa - this place is also called Manastirishte. After the Liberation, was built a small church, which lasted until 1951 in 1956 was built today's Church St. Elijah.
Currently, the monastery is permanent. A complex of church, residential and farm buildings. The monastery is going away on an asphalt road, which diverges left of the road Bistrica.
Living cultural heritage of the village of Bistrica are Bistritsa grandmothers, famous for their performances of folklore, not only in Bulgaria but also around the world. In 2005 they were included in the list of Masterpieces of the Intangible Cultural Heritage ofUNESCO.
Over Bystrica is located Bistrishko reserve reserve - one of the first reserves in Bulgaria declared a protected zone in 1934
Quick and easy access to village and cottage areas by major roads - Bistrishko road, Simeonovsko road and Samokovsko road.
Source: http://www.bistrica-bg.com, http://www.pancharevo.org/