See it on the map
Bulgarian properties in Dobrich Region - Aleksandriya
Alexandria is a village in North-East Bulgaria, part of Krushari municipality, Dobrich region. It is located 40 km to the regional center of Dobrich, 90 km north to the city of Varna and 8 km to the border to Romania.
The climate is temperate-continental and is characterized with sunny, yet cool spring, hot summer, warm autumn and a cold winter with plenty of snowfalls. The population numbers to approximately 110 people. The fertile soil and the favourable climate create excellent conditions for the development of farming and stock-breeding.
In the village there is a mayoralty, a community center with a library, two grocery shops, a pub. The nearest educational and medical establishments are to be found in the town of Dobrich. The village is supplied with water and electricity on a regular basis. Coverage is available of all mobile operators. The roads are in a good condition. There are two dam-lakes near the village.
natural landmarks and events
- A memorial of the heroes who perished in the Second Balkan War, WWI and WWII is to be found in the center of the village
- The Alexandria forest - is the only natural habitat of lime-trees in Bulgaria
- The Alexandria monastery is located near the village. It is being inhabited and functions. In its large yard, surrounded by a stone wall was recently built a chapel named after St. Elijah the Prophet. The monastery is famous for its water-fountain which is considered curative.
- Remains of a fortress dated back to the late Antiquity were found near the village
- A folklore gathering is organized in Alexandria each summer. Folkolore ensembles from all over Bulgaria and its neighbour countries are taking part.
Source: krushari.bg, bg.wikipedia.org, bg.guide-bulgaria.com, photo-forum.net
Pictures: krushari.bg, bg.wikipedia.org, bg.guide-bulgaria.com, photo-forum.net