Scratchpad ()

USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT ALL CITIES, VILLAGES AND RESORTS IN BULGARIA

Country:

BULGARIA GERMANY GREECE

Town/Village:

INFO PACK
Useful information about urban and rural regions. Municipalities, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, local police departments, supermarkets, service providers and etc.

Krumovo village

See it on the map Bulgarian properties in Varna Region - Krumovo

Krumovo is a village in North-East Bulgaria, part of Aksakovo municipality, Varna region. It is located 21 km north-west of the municipal center of Aksakovo, 28 km south of Dobrich, 32 km north-west of Varna and 49 km to the sea-coast. The village lies 2 km away from Dobrich-Varna main road and is accessible via a second-class road in an excellent condition.

general information

Krumovo is a small, picturesque village with various relief, surrounded by beautiful wooded areas. The climate is temperate-continental and is characterized by a hot summer, a sunny and war autumn, a cold winter with plenty of snowfalls and a cool spring. Its population numbers to approximately 150 people. Latitude - 280 m. The former name of the village used to be Kumlidja, which means "a sandy place" in Turkish. In 1884 the village was renamed to honour one of the greatest Bulgarian khans - khan Krum.

infrastructure

In the village there is an Orthodox church, a community center with a library, a doctor's office, a mayoralty, a park. A project has been developed for the construction of a pensioner's club.
Krumovo is supplied with water and electricity on a regular basis. Scheduled transportation is available to the city of Varna and the nearby villages, as the roads are in a very good condition.
Several properties in the village were purchased by English families. On e family resides permanently in the village.

development prospects

The local people are predominantly engaged in agriculture - stock-breeding and plant-growing. The fertile Dobrudja soil and the favourable climate provide excellent conditions fro the cultivation of wheat, barley, rye, sun-flower and rape-seed. The younger inhabitants commute to their jobs in Varna, Dobrich and Devnya.
Krumovo is a beautiful and peaceful village which benefits from preserving its authentic look and atmosphere. There are promising development prospectives for the settlement. A plan has been developed for establishing a workshop in an old building in the village where young sculptors may create art and further develop their skills. There is also an opportunity to arrange a small hostel which will allow art plain-airs to be organized on the territory of the village.
The main assets of the settlement are the clear air, cool wooded areas, various and picturesque landscape, houses with preserved architecture of the Revival and the proximity to the Varna and Dobrich. Excellent conditions are available for the development of rural, eco and cultural tourism.

landmarks

  • An impressive monument is rising in the center of the village dedicated to the ones perished in the wars for national liberation. Its history is rather peculiar. In 1933 the mayor of the village purchased several lottery tickets using official money. One of the tickets turned out to be winning and the mayor decided to build a monument dedicated to the people of Krumovo who lost their lives on the batter field. The construction of the monument was completed in 1937. It is 30 m tall. In its basement there is a water-fountain decorated with a lion's head. Over the fountain rises the pedestal on which a plate is mounted on which the names of all heroes are inscribed. On top of the pedestal a life-sized figure of a soldier staring into the distance is placed.
  • Undoubtedly, the most significant landmark in the area in is the St. Marina monastery. It was founded in the middle of the 19th century, near a spring which the local people believed was curative. In the past, the area surrounding the monastery used to belong to a rich Turkish noble. He decided to build his palace there, but during excavation works while the foundations were to be placed, the workers found a cross on which the name of St. Marina was carved. When the Turkish noble learnt about that a cross was found in the ground he decided that it is a holly Christian place and sold the property. Being convinced that the place is sacred, the man who bought it had donated this beautiful property willing to build a monastery on it. In 1844 a small chapel and two  public baths were constructed by the spring. After WWII the monastery was deserted only to be brought back to life again in the beginning of the 21st century. The chapel and the baths were repaired. Four additional rooms for pilgrims were built with a cook-house. The traditional fair on July 17th /the Day of St. Marina/ which was held there ever since the 19th century was restored. For the local people it is a favourite location for picnics among the peacefulness and the serenity of the surroundings, the lavish greenery and the gentle murmur of the miracle spring telling enchanting stories of ancient times.

Source: http://www.dobrichmedia.com, интернет
Pictures: www.panoramio.com, интернет

Submit your information for the area here:



+ add files